Now accepting applications! The deadline to apply has been extended to January 21, 2019.
Do you live in a town that is ready to take their community building efforts to the next level?
The Blueprint Communities program supports community leaders who are looking to make a lasting impact on the economic well being and quality of life for their fellow residents.
Blueprint Communities is an initiative created by the Federal Home Loan Bank of Pittsburgh (FHLBank) in 2005 that has since helped 58 communities across Delaware, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia build strategies toward a brighter future and access the resources needed to start making it a reality.
FHLBank is partnering with the West Virginia Community Development Hub (The Hub) to welcome up to six new communities into the initiative. Together, FHLBank and The Hub have supported the development of local leadership, collaboration across sectors, and holistic planning in 15 Blueprint Communities in West Virginia since 2007.
We are currently recruiting communities who are interested in gaining the tools needed to spur growth and create new investment opportunities. Participating communities will earn the Blueprint Community designation that opens up access to resources and capital for vital community projects.
Applications are due January 21, 2019.
(Find the link to application details at the bottom of this page!)
Contact Kaycie Stushek with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-347-3511.
Benefits for communities participating in the program include:
- The opportunity to develop a consistent collaboration with diverse members and organizations within your community, and to develop strong relationships with other participating Blueprint Community teams. Past participants have developed sustainable organizations to continue implementing their strategy and plan;
- The development of an informed community revitalization strategy that contains a future vision for your community, and encourages coordinated investments by public and private funders. Past participants have distributed their plans, showcasing their specific opportunities and coordinated efforts in order to attract public and private investment;
- Eight training sessions. A variety of experts provide tailored training and tools that both equip your team for success, and address the specific goals and needs outlined in your community revitalization strategy;
- Mini-grant funding to support the implementation of a project identified in the community revitalization strategy, and access to funding information that leads to further investments;
- Direct coaching support during the planning and training process during the first year, and then continued connection to resources, and support in overcoming challenges as needed.
Eligible community applicants will:
- Have a population of less than 30,000
- Identify a fiscal agent to host mini-grant funding (ideally a non-profit)
- Demonstrate local leadership and past successful collaboration
- Demonstrate commitment to the training schedule of the program
- Assemble a team of 8-10 members, including a representative from a nearby FHLBank member (See a complete list of members at https://fhlb-pgh.com/members-list.)
Interested in applying to become a Blueprint Community?