Hike It Baby is a parents group dedicated to getting families together and out into nature with newborns and young children.
The organization began in the summer of 2013 when founder, Shanti Hodges, had her son, Mason, in Portland, Oregon. There are now 200 branches across 47 of the United States and into Canada, the United Kingdom, Italy, South Africa, and Australia.
There are five Hike It Baby chapters in West Virginia (Charleston, Harpers Ferry, Huntington, Morgantown, and Pineville), with summer hikes lined up in Brenton, Oceana, Mullens, Bruceton Mills, and Morgantown.
Join the Facebook groups to join the hikes already happening in West Virginia:
- Charleston: www.facebook.com/groups/hikeitbabycharlestonwv/
- Harpers Ferry: www.facebook.com/groups/hikeitbabyharpersferry/
- Huntington: www.facebook.com/groups/hikeitbabyhuntingtonwv/
- Morgantown: www.facebook.com/groups/hikeitbabymorgantownWV/
- Pineville: www.facebook.com/groups/hikeitbabypinevillewv/
The Hike It Baby Morgantown Chapter is led by Molly Fetchter-Leggett. Here’s the info about a great hike for young kids they’re doing on May 30.
We love the Hike It Baby ethos: “As part of an active, judgment free community, parents and caregivers can find the safe, supportive environment they need to help raise a generation to love the outdoors.”