Cultivate WV helps towns get started on their journey of creating an engaged, revitalized community. Through coaching, workshops, and trainings, Cultivate WV builds a community’s ability to:
- Engage and mobilize residents to collaborate on community improvement projects and create long-lasting, positive impact;
- Promote community projects and events;
- Develop a town’s infrastructure such as downtown buildings;
- Grow and support local entrepreneurs and small businesses; and
Secure funding for small and large-scale community improvement projects.
We support mobilizing communities to get engaged and develop leaders for the long term.
Communities are paired with coaches who will help them reach their goals through:
- Starting and continuing an ongoing, productive community-wide conversation
- Planning and carrying out community projects
- Establishing and carrying out promotional campaigns for initiatives
- Connecting with resource providers
- Identifying and understanding community-based policy issues
- Identifying and planning additional training opportunities
Montgomery and Smithers are currently participating in the Cultivate West Virginia program.
The Cowen and Moorefield communities were graduated from the Cultivate WV program in 2019.