Got an idea for fighting poverty in WV? Ready to get it passed through the help of the Our Children, Our Future campaign?
When we say we can take your idea and turn it into a real law that improves the lives of West Virginians, we mean it.
This is the URL you need to learn more: bit.ly/OCOFIdeas2015
In the past 3 years, the Our Children, Our Future campaign coalition has taken the bold and ambitious policy ideas of West Virginians just like you and helped them become actual laws. Here’s just a few:
- Medicaid Expansion – health insurance provided for 150,000 working West Virginians
- Minimum wage raised to $8.75
- Future Fund Act – created endowment for future state investments through natural gas tax
- Stopped budget cuts to child care programs (child abuse prevention, domestic violence, etc) 3 years in a row
- Feed to Achieve Act – expanded school breakfast and lunch programs
- Juvenile Justice reform – reduce child incarceration by changing truancy laws
- Pregnant workers fairness act passed – providing seating and breaks to pregnant workers
- Move to Improve – to make sure kids get 30 minutes of physical activity every day at school
- Reduced abandoned and dilapidated buildings through creation of land reuse agencies
- Prison reform to reduce overcrowding in state prisons
Right now we are getting geared up for the 2016 legislative session, and searching for great ideas that we can help shape into campaign teams, public discussion and, eventually, real legislation.
Here’s that URL again: bit.ly/OCOFIdeas2015. It’s your first step.
If you think you’d like to be involved with Our Children, Our Children and fighting poverty in West Virginia, but aren’t sure exactly what you can do, that’s okay. There’s room for everyone.
Just reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll find the perfect way for you to make a difference with us.