BY THE HINTON FULL STEAM AHEAD HUBCAP TEAM
A Friendly Note from The Hub Team: Are you a supporter of The Hub’s work? In 2019, we’re celebrating our 10th birthday! Please consider a donation of $10 to help us continue serving West Virginia communities for the next 10 years and beyond. Click here to go to our Birthday Donation Page.
Since we began The Hub’s Communities of Achievement Program, HubCAP, we have formed a team of volunteers that meet monthly, and have worked toward – and completed! – a number of tasks for the betterment of our community.
Our vision, defined by community members, is to make Hinton a regional hub promoting arts, culture, and active entertainment for all ages, highlighting our railroad history.
We call this initiative Hinton Full Steam Ahead, so climb aboard!
In pursuit of this vision, we have learned the importance of collaboration, hard work, and celebrating the accomplishments of our community and team, in order to show others what a little effort and cooperation can do for our community.
Amongst the “wins” for the community supported through this program, are:
- Applying and receiving funds to conduct a Comprehensive Plan for the city, to help lead us in a coordinated direction of positive growth;
- Coordinating with many volunteers to complete a beautiful mural on 3rd Avenue;
- Starting up a weekly community-led conversation, called a Chat N’ Chew, about community efforts, projects, and ways we can all collaborate;
- Coordinating project funds to be used on engineering and architectural plans that move forward progress on the rehabilitation of Historic Hinton buildings, including efforts to get the Hardwoods Building stabilized and ready to be used again;
- Hosting a Developer’s Tour that connected potential business-minded individuals and investors with available real estate in the city, in order to promote further business growth;
- Multiple events hosted where we as a community all gather and celebrate our hard work and accomplishments.
Ready to link up with the Hinton Full Steam Ahead efforts? Connect with City Manager Cris Meadows at firstname.lastname@example.org to plug in.