BY EMMA PEPPER, DIRECTOR OF STRATEGIC NETWORK COMMUNICATIONS, THE HUB
Team work will make the dream work, as always, if you want to have movement on the issues that matter to you at the during the 2019 Legislative Session. Philanthropy WV and the WV Nonprofit Association are holding their annual Public Policy Institute this Friday, December 14, 9:30am – 3:30pm at the State Capitol to support foundations and nonprofits with skills and connections needed to add their voices to the policymaking process.
From the organizers:
The goal of this event is providing foundations and nonprofits with connections to state legislative and executive branch leaders with in-depth training on best practices for policy advocacy. The annual policy institute includes:
- State and National Policy Experts for nonprofit and foundation advocacy
- Networking with West Virginia’s newly elected legislative leadership
- West Virginia Impact Commission Meeting
- Media & State Leaders Forecasting & Reflection Panel
- Best practices and professional development for board members and staff of nonprofits and foundations on the basics and advance skills on public policy advocacy for strong West Virginia communities
Don’t miss out this year! Registration is currently open for this event – head over to the Philanthropy WV website to find the details.