Workforce West Virginia, in conjunction with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), is advertising open temporary positions in Kanawha, Greenbrier and Raleigh counties.
Interested applicants can visit the Workforce West Virginia website at workforcewv.org/. To find the available jobs, click on Job Seekers, then Find A Job, then complete the enrollment form.
The following positions are currently being advertised:
- Environmental Specialist
- Historic Preservation Specialist
- Environmental Floodplain Specialist
- Administrative Assistants
- Training Specialist/Instructor
- Voluntary Agency Liaison (Kanawha)
- Voluntary Agency Liaison (Greenbrier)
- Housing Support Specialist
- Logistics Specialist (Beaver)
- Logistics Specialist (Belle)
- Mitigation Writer-Editor Specialist
- Mitigation Community Planner
- Administrative/Planning Specialist
- GIS Specialist
- External Affairs Writer
- Public Assistance Debris Monitor
More positions may be posted on the website as disaster recovery continues.
Candidates must be U.S. citizens 18 years of age or older. They must have a valid government identification card, such as a driver’s license or military ID. Before hiring, selected candidates will be subject to a complete background investigation.
FEMA is committed to employing a highly qualified workforce that reflects the diversity of our nation. The federal government is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, political affiliation, non-disqualifying physical handicap, sexual orientation and any other non-merit factor.