If you have a program or project related to community engagement, improvement, or revitalization, you can apply to host a VISTA as VISTA Subsite with The Hub.
We help our VISTA Subsites:
- Apply for a VISTA position through the AmeriCorps VISTA State Office
- Recruit individuals to become VISTAs with the Subsite for 1-3 years
- Train VISTAs on effective capacity-building practices and provide the tools and resources that VISTAs need throughout their service
- Create an effective and supportive culture to get the most out of the VISTA’s year of service
As a sponsoring organization, we provide the administrative work that goes along with hosting a VISTA so that you and your VISTA can focus on creating sustainable systems that will get your project off the ground and running more effectively.
Hosting a VISTA is a great way to build capacity on a low budget:
- The cost for subsites comes down to a $7,500 administrative fee paid to The Hub for a VISTA’s full year of full time service.
- VISTAs are paid via living stipend by the AmeriCorps program on a bi-weekly basis and also have the opportunity to receive AmeriCorps-provided healthcare and childcare if needed. Upon completion of service, VISTAs are eligible to receive a cash stipend or education award toward tuition or student debt
- VISTAs work full-time (35 hours per week or whatever is considered full time by the Subsite) at the Subsite’s office and are required to be available at any time and on any day of the week.
All in all, hosting a VISTA means bringing on a full-time volunteer who is dedicated to building the capacity and sustainability of a project, all while receiving training and resources from the AmeriCorps VISTA State Office and the WV Community Development Hub.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in hosting a VISTA, you can apply to become a Subsite with The Hub. To request an application, email The Hub’s VISTA Program Coordinator, Kathryn Ryan at email@example.com. Include “VISTA Subsite Application” in the subject line.