Join The Hub as a Program Coordinator for the Innovation Acceleration Strategy: an economic diversification planning process in five West Virginian coalfield communities over the next year.
You’ll help build diversification plans with community members, get trained as one of The Hub’s community coaches, and be a key player in building a brighter future for southern West Virginia! (Here’s the full job description. NB: The application deadline has been extended to Feb. 1.)
You’re the person we’re looking for if you:
- Like meeting and connecting with new people;
- Can organize events and stay on top of multiple tasks;
- Work well in a flexible environment with lots of travel;
- Have a “jump in and get to work” mentality;
- Know how to lead from behind, supporting community leaders in identifying their goals and helping them find the best ways to turn ideas into action;
- Have some background or knowledge about community and economic development.
We’ll be even more excited to hear from you if you:
- Know that the best ideas and solutions come from local leaders;
- Want to learn how to be a community coach;
- Are excited to be part of The Hub’s dynamic, creative and fun team; and
- Have a strong connection to southern WV.
The job is a one year contracted position, with an expectation that the position will grow into a full-time staff position at the end of the contracted year. The position is based out of The Hub’s Charleston office. Exceptional candidates outside of the Charleston area will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applications should include a resume and a cover letter and should be submitted to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until Monday, Feb. 1, 2016.