It is now time to announce the five finalists for the Bucks for Bright Ideas Funding Competition:
- Alderson’s Strategic Riverfront Enhancement Plan: This plan includes enhancing and repairing riparian zones to reduce erosion and beautify the riverbank, development of a walking trail that connects both sides of the river, a redesign of river access points, signage design, and connection to existing and planned town assets.
- Lincoln County’s Small Farm Cluster: This plan is to develop a regional agricultural business cluster to spur the transformation of the local, small-farm agricultural sector toward increasing market share, developing new, alternative products, and allowing for greater cooperation among local farmers.
- Lincoln County’s Welcome Center: This plan is to establish a permanently hosted welcome center in Hamlin at the Friends of the Arts building. This location is donated space and volunteers have been identified to staff the location.
- Madison’s Coal Ridge Trail: This plan is to build a combination hiking & biking trail and incorporate it with a cross country track for the local middle and high schools to promote health & wellness and offer a place for the community to walk, hike & bike and encourage new business in the area.
- Wyoming County’s RC Track Project: This project involves the development of a professional grade Remote Controlled Race Track which would be a positive economic tool for the county and region and would provide an educational opportunity for our youth and young adults.
Congratulations to all our finalists! They will each be giving presentations at the IAS Regional Development Workshop on December 1st at the Raleigh-Beckley Convention Center. The crowd will vote on which project they like best.
The team that gets the most votes will win $5000, second place will win $2000 and third place will win $1000.
If any of these projects sound like something you’d like to get involved with, feel free to register for the IAS Regional Development Workshop or contact IAS Director, Dan Taylor, at email@example.com
Stay tuned to The Hub Blog in the next two weeks for a more detailed look at each of these projects.