About the Mini-Grants
The Energizing Entrepreneurial Communities program is providing an opportunity for community teams (teams who are a part of this program) to use funds for community investment activities. The definition of how the funds can be used is broad, and the overarching goal is to engage the larger community more in supporting and growing local entrepreneurship.
Each community is eligible to submit an application for up to 4 projects. The budget for each individual project cannot exceed $1500. A total of $6000 in funds is available for each community.
We will accept one application for each community team. We ask that all members of your community team work together to complete and submit the application for funds. The application includes sections for up to 4 projects – submit one application with up to 4 project ideas.
Possible Uses of Funds
Examples of projects include, but are not limited to:
- Business and resource provider networking events
- Local business appreciation events and activities
- Matching funds for larger investment needs related to current Entrepreneurial Communities projects
- Encouraging youth entrepreneurship
- Marketing and promotional work using a variety of media platforms
- Contracting specialized services to support the work of your teams
How to Apply
* Applications are due by November 16, 2018
* All funding decisions will be made by December 7, 2018 and funds will be dispersed by December 14, 2018
* All projects and funds must be completed and spent by June 2019
* Final reports on the projects are due June 2019
* The organization receiving the funds in your community must be a 501c3 or governmental entity
* Teams will be required to submit at least 15 project photos and information for 2 project blog posts
For questions, contact Dan Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-521-9865.