BY KAYCIE STUSHEK, COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT NETWORK COORDINATOR, THE HUB
Five communities are gearing up to kick off the next round of The Hub’s HubCAP Communities of Achievement Program.
Hinton, Matewan, Princeton, Richwood, and Whitesville will be celebrating their past successes, current initiatives, and outlining future goals to build businesses to meet current and future market demands – while also looking to their towns to identify properties to support the work needed to carry out their ideas.
Each community is unique in their vision – and in their kickoff celebration.
Richwood held their celebration last week, and there was a large turnout for the event, complete with more than 20 shout-outs for the town’s many successes and current projects.
You’ll see Halloween costumes and local business tours complete with candy in Matewan, and Whitesville will have a current and future business owners summit, with coaching, experts and resources provided.
Join in round table discussions for 5 big “self-driving” initiatives in Hinton, and participate in a speed dating session for business resources in Princeton.
Everyone is invited to support these hard working communities, and envision a future together!
Schedule of Events:
- Richwood: October 12 – Event a success with 75+ attendees
- Whitesville: October 19, 2-5:30pm, Fire Station in Whitesville (event details)
- Matewan: October 28, 4-7pm, UMWA Local 1440 in Matewan (event details)
- Hinton: November 9, 5-7:30pm, Freight Depot in Hinton (event details)
- Princeton: November 16, location TBD – Event details coming soon, page will be updated with link
HubCAP is an initiative of the WV Community Development Hub, and is funded by the Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation and the USDA’s Rural Community Development Initiative.