For the past two years, The Hub has collaborated with hundreds of West Virginians to identify critical needs and opportunities for the community development field in the state. We have heard clearly through this process about the need for an aligned, collaborative network to tie together the people in West Virginia who are building up strong communities across the state.
The newly forming Community Collaborative Network will support people working in community development (in both volunteer and professional roles) in a multitude of ways, including:
- Identifying and moving forward projects that will create collective, transformational impact for community building in the Mountain State
- Building up capacity, skills, and new resources for people working on community development efforts
- Catalyzing systems-level changes, such as: increasing capital and funding resources for community development-related projects, changing the narrative about the value and impact of community development efforts in West Virginia, and enacting policy changes
- Building trust and creating new relationships between the people and organizations who are moving forward this work
- The Community Collaborative Network is being built by and for West Virginians who care about making a positive difference in their communities.
The next step is to identify a diverse set of people who will volunteer to sit on a Steering Committee that can take the feedback and frameworks that have been built by these West Virginians to the next level. That’s where you could come in!
Steering Committee Selections
Are you passionate about West Virginia communities? Do you have a unique perspective on how we can improve our state? Do you want to use your skills to build strategies and create greater collaboration across the people and organizations working to make a difference in West Virginia communities?
If you know someone who may be a good fit, please share this post with them and encourage them to apply!
Applications are due on December 4, 2020. For more information, please contact Kaycie Stushek at email@example.com.