Becoming a VISTA means:
- Having true impact while building experience, skills, and a statewide network of resources and experts
- Serving your community by building capacity and sustainability within a program or project that you care about
- Becoming eligible to receive an Education Award or Cash Stipend upon completion of service
- Working full time (35 hours per week) at the office of your host organization, where you’ll get to learn more about the day-to-day operations within your field of interest
- Gaining noncompetitive eligibility status upon completion of service, giving you a leg up if you apply for federal jobs after VISTA service
- Building a network of individuals who are working to progress an initiative you care about
- Building strength in West Virginia
VISTAs are paid a bi-weekly living allowance and may be eligible to receive AmeriCorps healthcare and/or childcare if needed. AmeriCorps provides a relocation stipend for individuals required to move 50 miles or more for service.
Apply to become a VISTA
Available VISTA positions with the The Hub and organizations we partner with are always listed on our Jobs page.
Read Stories from VISTAs
VISTAs with The Hub and our partner organizations share stories of their work on The Hub’s blog.